Monday, August 12, 2013

Indian Government and Congress: An Incongruous pair


I can’t boggle where to start from and up to what I should stop. Let us encompass all situations starting from the national politics to regional politics.

So, as we know or its better to say it as we had known our India as ‘Golden Bird’ in earlier days of our childhood but after seeing the present scenario, it seems that after few decades, it will just become a matter of golden words.
I remember an incident when I was in std. 6th or so. The class of social studies was going on and the teacher prodly said, India is one of the fastest developing country. I felt no proud in that, instead, I asked him at that very instant; Sir, when can we expect our India to come in the category of ‘Developed State’? He equivocated, just said, ‘Versy Soon’ and I presumed it. I grew, my society grew, my relations, boundaries grew along with my doubts. And among them was the biggest doubt; When will India be called as Developed Country? I have grown up watching the steady increase in standards, i.e. living standards of upper class families, price hikes in every field, be it petrol, gas cylinders or daily vegetables and the ostentation of middle class families to be in the race of survival of the fittest and the loosening perseverance of the menians to outcome penury.

On one side, there are squanders and at the other, there are people with empty bowls. The outcome of this situation, which will be ensued, is mind boggling. I won’t point this to any individual as I’m also a part of it, not by involving but by jst being a mute spectator. But then too, I would like to add some facts and figure which I recently found somewhere in the newspapers.

I’ll summarize them as follows:
1.     Price of petrol was hiked again by Rs.1.55 to reach at the level of Rs.76.78 per ltr.
2.     Price of onions reached upto Rs. 40 per kg.
3.     Value of Indian Rupee at its lowest at Rs.61 per dollar.
4.     The new standards of poverty lines are set as Rs.26 per person per day in rural areas and Rs. 34 per person per day in urban areas.
5.     No. of people belonging to BPL decreased to 4.26 Cr.
6.     Economic Development Rate decreased from 8% to 5% etc.

I was too much distraught after reading these types of news. As an average Indian citizen, I don’t know much about FDI policies, MNREGA, SEZ, political and national issues etc. I only know and have percepted that the price of every single item is increasing in the market and this hike is much more as compared to the increase in income of people like us who belong to middle class families. And the real piece of shit is that all his officials are just sitting by hands on hands and waiting for the things to be in the place by their own.


They have set the poverty line limit as Rs.32 per person per day. And one time meal of good quality costs around Rs.40 with simple ingredients. One piece of apple costs Rs.50, one glass fruit juice costs Rs.30. If a person is getting Rs.35 per day, he will have to be considered as a rich person, the kind of rich persons who can’t even manage one time meal for them self. This is a very devastating situation and who is to be blamed for this? This government along with their aides who have given these false representations or we ourselves who are not taking any corrective steps..

1 comment:

Vishwajeet Gaurav said...

Wow... Thinking out of box. ;)